It’s nearing the end of 2019 and we’re feeling like we need to go on a little adventure to spice things up. What about you? This month we want to take you on a special adventure, come join us on a trip to Kirby Land! If you’re interested to learn more about the Nintendo character Kirby and what you can expect to get in this YumeTwins Kawaii subscription box keep reading!
If you are a 90’s kid you must be familiar with the cute pink Nintendo character! But did you know these facts about Kirby?
1. Kirby first made an appearance in 1992 in the Nintendo game Kirby’s Dreamland and continued to appear in many games from then on like Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64, Kirby’s Adventure, Kirby’s Dream Course and more!
2. Did you know that Kirby’s original name was Popopo? He was eventually named Kirby and there are 2 theories behind that. The first theory says he was named after Kirby corporation; a manufacturer of vacuum cleaners! Because as you may know; just like a vacuum cleaner Kirby has the power to suck things up! The second theory is that he was named after a lawyer, John Kirby who represented Nintendo in a lawsuit that could have destroyed the company. The lawsuit was about the character Donkey Kong who was too similar to King Kong, after 2 years they managed to win.
3. There was a disagreement between character creator Masahiro Sakurai and series creator Shigeru Miyamoto about the color Kirby was going to be. Sakurai wanted Kirby to be pink but Miyamoto who also created the Mario and Zelda series wanted him to be yellow. Because the original gameboy couldn’t render pink or yellow colors only on images Kirby was featured in color which is why Kirby was white for a long time in the US while he was pink in Japan like Sakurai wanted.
4. In Kirby games, Kirby is only 20cm tall but for the Super Smash Bros they made him a lot bigger so he’s able to fight his opponents!
5. While Kirby looks cute and jolly in Japanese game art he looks determined and almost angry on American game art! Why? so that the more ‘cool’ version of Kirby could appeal to young American boys!
What can you expect to get in the YumeTwins November Kirby Land box?
We worked hard this month to get the most fun and exciting high quality items for your November box and we promise you that everything in this box is Kirby! You will receive a variety of cute items for your room, practical items for every day life and even items to entertain you! We hope you’re as excited as we are about this Kirby themed box.
Not only do you get a box full of kawaii goodies every month, there are more perks! Did you know about our YumePrize? Subscribe now to be automatically entered for a chance to win this amazing prize including kawaii goodies over $500! Join the YumeTwins family this month to be entered for a chance to win November’s Yume Prize featuring Kirby of course!
In addition, you can enter the November photo contest with the chance of winning MORE prizes! Every month we select 1-2 grand prize winners and 5 runners up who will get YumeTwins boxes and awesome prizes! You can find more information in your November booklet that comes with your box.
You can follow us on social media for updates on reveal items, promotions and contests! Check out our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Hope everyone is healthy and well! We’re so happy to announce the March 2022 Reviewer Contest Winners!
Thanks to everyone who has submitted a review! Hi, YumeTwins Fam! Hope you are healthy and well! We’re excited to announce the February 2022 Reviewer Contest Winners. Let’s check the list of the lucky winners below: Marie C Sevda M Shine S Stacey A Nicole W Congratulations to all the winners! Our team will contact you...
Explore the new and improved YumeTwins with founder Ayumi Chikamoto
Introducing our ‘Crafty ‘n Cute’ box theme! Dear YumeTwins Fam, Rather than going out to buy something new, at times there’s nothing better than investing your energy in creating and crafting things that you can call your own! Whether you’ve had a sudden spark of imagination or you’d like to put some new skills to...
Introducing our ‘Fun in the Sun’ box theme! Dear YumeTwins Fam, Happy August! Have you been enjoying your summer break? August in Japan is a time of rest, family, and enjoying the sunshine outdoors! This can be one of the hottest months though, which is why we’re happy to bring you our Fun in the...
YumeTwins’ May 2020 Giveaway Winners Announced! ´･ᴗ･` Hello YumeTwins family! The winners of YumeTwins’ May Giveaway are finally announced! Check to see if you’re one of the 10 winners on the list below: Leigh W Mariam C Pinlin Willem T Maryam A Kerstin P Siyuan L Eliza B Ming K Kaira S CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL...